Volunteer and discern
We’ve started a volunteer program to help young men discern their vocation. In 2017, we sent three to France. Here’s some basic information about the program:
What you’ll do:
- Volunteer abroad and encounter other cultures.
- Serve the poor and the needy and the marginalized.
- Meet the Assumptionists and help them bring about the Kingdom of God.
Program and financial information:
- The program will be from mid-June to mid-August.
- Orientation begins four months prior to departure.
- You’ll spend time living with the Assumptionists, which means you’ll participate in their community life: prayer, meals, recreation, and other activities.
- You’ll also be supervised by an Assumptionist.
- You’ll be expected to participate in weekly reflection meetings.
- You’ll be responsible for the cost of travel, leisure, and packet money. You’re encouraged to look for scholarships and to do your own fundraising. You won’t have to worry about room and board: that’s taken care of.
- “It is truly an honor to serve the Lord in this vibrant and active way, and I am grateful that I was able to sacrifice my summer to do so.”
- “Working with the impoverished and meeting people throughout France has brought us incredible joy.”
The congregation also operates a volunteer program at the international level. For more information about that program, click here.